Wednesday 28 May 2014

Word Wednesday - Claire Brennan aka all the adorables


It's Woooooooooord Wednesday! 

Good morning peoples! 
Today we have a bit of gorgeousness from York from Claire Brennan aka All the Adorables. Loving her delicate watercoloured gemstones and subtle repeats. I'm glad she was brave enough to take the leap into design and wish her continued success!
Read all about Claire here and why not think about joining in a bit of Word Wednesday fun yourself? It's good to talk... 

Frankie xxx

Claire Brennan

Name   Claire Brennan
Location   The lovely City of York, UK
Where can we find you on the web? http://alltheadorables.com 

Design background 
After having my first child I found my mind tick-ticking away, and realised I had an opportunity to change my career, I got myself Photoshop and threw myself into the world of graphic design, something I'd considered as a possible career for years, but always put it in the 'too hard to make the jump' box. I opened an Etsy shop 2 years ago now, selling my digital designs and started doing freelance work shortly after, where I focus on logo & website design for photographers and creative businesses. I've always been an avid consumer of greetings cards, wrapping paper and suchlike. It's my dream in the next couple of years to launch a greeting card and social stationery line. 


5 random facts
1) I had orthodontic braces on my teeth for a couple of years at age 30. One of the best things I ever did.
2) On honeymoon in California, my husband and I stayed at Mission Ranch, owned by Clint Eastwood. He showed up for dinner and we were the nearest table to him (in the spirit of disclosure - had my husband not pointed this out, I would never have realised!)
3) I harbour secret ambitions to be a voice artist.
4) I like to think of many many (affectionate) nicknames for those in my family. Particularly my children, who both have probably 20 different names each. Poor confused children.
5) Neighbours. Everybody needs good neighbours - I love the TV soap Neighbours! I watch it every night.

Influences  
Ideas flow, my mind never really switches off, I can be inspired and influenced by virtually anything! In particular, I love browsing the seasonal fashion collections, and interior design. I'm really inspired by nature, particularly flowers & plants. 

Any story behind the quote/words you chose? 
It's a quote I first came across only a couple of months ago (thanks Pinterest!) which really resonated with me, as I'm sure it does with a lot of creatives. I've actually been planning to get around to illustrate it since then, so getting involved with Word Wednesday has given me a little shove do to something creative. 

Where would you most like to see your quote/words?   
Framed, in a nice sunny corner of a family home :) 

Do you have any favourite words? 
Mint. Ace. Mega. Not all said at once though, that's just overkill ;)

What word do you use way too much? 
Hmmm, probably "Like". Used in the same way Shaggy from Scooby Doo might.

Favourite fonts 
Current faves - Didot is my go-to classic font. Serifs are where it's at folks! Script fonts, I love Lavandria at the moment, plus anything by Emily Lime. I'm a sucker for slab fonts right now too. 


Any wise words you’d like to offer? 
These aren't my words, but here's another quote this time from Earl Nightingale, that I often think of: “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”



No comments:

Post a Comment